Happy customers and excellent ratings arise from predictable and efficient fulfillment. Effective eCommerce fulfillment processes may help you save time and money. Furthermore, well-managed fulfillment will help you in expanding your business. In addition, multiple vendors and schedules are required for a successful eCommerce fulfillment operation. As a result, the better you handle all of these functional components, the more successful your eCommerce will become.
WHAT IS ECOMMERCE FULFILLMENT?
The part of your eCommerce operation that delivers your products to customers is known as eCommerce fulfillment. Several steps are involved in your e-fulfillment operations. Above all, eCommerce fulfillment is the process of getting a product onto the shelves of a fulfillment center. In comparison, eCommerce order fulfillment is the process of picking and packing orders. Your third-party logistics operations include shipping times and methods.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The lynchpin of your eCommerce operations is fulfillment. However, you can able to manage your outsourced eCommerce fulfillment providers better if you understand each stage in the process.
1. Omnichannel Fulfillment Center Integration
Your eCommerce store should work in tandem with your eCommerce fulfillment center. In addition, your orders should are sent straight to the employees who will pack and ship them.
Three essential characteristics of an intense eCommerce fulfillment center:
· Your eCommerce fulfill company must integrate every platform on which you sell . However, f your eCommerce fulfillment center does not support any sales channels, it should develop a custom app to link incoming orders.
· Look for a fulfillment center that has as minimal downtime as possible. In addition, seek immediate support to help smooth out any problems as soon as possible.
· IT personnel are equally as vital as those who pack and ship your orders. After that, check to see if your fulfillment provider has a strong IT department.
2. Inventory Management and Receiving Orders
Many fulfillment warehouses fall short when it comes to receiving. Meanwhile, when pallets are stacked on a loading dock, your products are not in stock. Of course, if there is no inventory, there are no sales. Shrinkage is another inventory management issue. Shrinkage is a fancy word for “loss, theft, and breakage.” For instance, contracts for most e-fulfillment centers include a provision for shrinking. Therefore, it implies you are responsible for the cost of the lost item up to a specific amount.
Three qualities of a good order fulfillment provider:
· Your fulfillment provider will keep the shrinkage to minimum. Inventory management is a significant focus for specific eCommerce fulfillment centers. In addition, these companies are liable for products that are lost or broken while on the shelf. When calculating optimal stock levels, you do not need to account for shrinkage.
· Your eCommerce fulfillment center should put it into inventory within one to two days of receiving your stock.
· You must access your inventory management system. This real-time data is essential for keeping balanced stock levels. That is, neither too much nor too little.
3. Order Fulfillment
Your eCommerce fulfillment warehouse will select the appropriate products to put in the package when an order arrives. After that, a worker will put them in the correct box and shipped to your customer through your fulfillment provider. It is the process of picking, packing, and shipping. Certainly, shipping to your customers is swift with strategically placed fulfillment warehouses. It is also critical that the fulfillment provider process your orders as fast as possible. However, the importance of precision is not overstated. Mistakes in picking and packaging might cost you, customers.
Three ways your eCommerce fulfillment center may help you in meeting your customers’ expectations for fast and low-cost shipping:
· Choose a centrally located eCommerce fulfillment warehouse. Most of your customers should get their orders within two days or less from the fulfillment center.
· Request information on the fulfillment center’s mistake rates.
· Look for a top eCommerce fulfillment company that offers next-day or even same-day shipment.
4. Processing Returns
eCommerce returns are unavoidable. It is a significant factor in driving your sales. Returns management is a crucial aspect of eCommerce fulfillment. The faster your fulfillment partner handles returns, the sooner your client will receive a refund. Efficient returns also get your product back on the shelf and ready to sell again.
Three ways your eCommerce fulfillment partner can help you with returns:
· Create a process for dealing with damaged products. Consider creating a separate website to offer discounted returned items. Check that your eCommerce fulfillment provider can help you in evaluating returns and processing orders for discounted products.
· Allow your fulfillment provider to handle customer service for returns so you can concentrate on expanding your business.
· Locate a warehouse that will restock returns within one to two days. Returns that linger on receiving docks are a drag on your business and customer confidence.
IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO OUTSOURCE YOUR FULFILLMENT?
Perhaps your orders are flat, and you have an excellent in-house order fulfillment procedure in place. You might not need to outsource your eCommerce fulfillment in such a situation. Outsourcing your fulfillment is a cost-effective approach to support the growth of your online business. However, when your company grows, the in-house solution may become a hindrance.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT FULFILLMENT SERVICES FOR YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS?
ECommerce fulfillment is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. When deciding on the best eCommerce fulfillment services provider for your company, there are several aspects to consider. Choosing a fulfillment facility with excellent customer service isn’t enough. It is the best if you had a partner specializing in transporting the products you offer and near your customers.
HOW WOULD FULFILLMENT HELP YOU SUCCEED?
You now have a strong understanding of the order fulfillment process. So, you’re ready to start evaluating possible third-party logistics suppliers. Locating a partner that can assist your eCommerce business is expanding is essential. Fulfillment is a critical component of eCommerce success.
You are able to manage employees and multiple eCommerce fulfillment services and models while lowering overhead and total expenses with unified fulfillment and shipping services. Finally, you will attain superior speed, cost, and efficiency, which is the objective of every eCommerce business.
A CUSTOMER-CENTRIC TOP ECOMMERCE FULFILLMENT COMPANY
Outsourced eCommerce order fulfillment services make sense for businesses with large ambitions, fluctuating sales, and insufficient time to handle things in-house. Fulfillplex is a top eCommerce fulfillment company that will help you optimize order fulfillment and overcome logistical issues in your business. Fulfillplex has a thorough understanding of the whole digital marketing process, and as a result, we can assist you with other parts of your business to help you expand your sales. Click here to learn more about our services.